Followers

Friday 17 January 2020

A Box of Lushness

Good morning and happy Friday. The January challenge over at Graphic 45 is to make or upcycle a box. There's a fabulous tutorial over on the blog which I've based mine on.

I started with a Christmas's box of Lush bath bombs. It's the usual thing, I love these so instead of using them I just keep them in the box and lift the lid to sniff them occasionally. This one is now over a year old but still smells gorgeous.

First of all I put architape around all the edges

Then I chose my papers. I have some really old ones from Steapmpunk Debutant,  Steampunk Spells, and Le Cirque.

Here's the box all covered.

 I've put both sides of the paper around the edges.

 This is the easel part.

 I've used a piece of chipboard from the Imagine collection as my stopper.

 And this is around the back. Again I've used an Imagine ephemera card.
And I've put some of my recent photographs on from our last trip away and our furry grandbaby.

This was the first time I've attempted anything like this and I really enjoyed it. I wouldn't have even tried though without the fab tutorial over on the G45 blog.

Have a very happy weekend, and thanks so much for looking xx

3 comments:

  1. You have transformed the box Sue, not that it wasn't already nice but now it is very special, I love the steampunk elements. The box looks even more special with the photographs you added. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the papers you chose to alter your box - especially with the smart black outlines framing each panel. Such a great way to display your chosen photos.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!
    This is amazing.
    Love the box and the photographs :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.