Followers

Friday 13 December 2019

Seeing Stars

Good morning and happy Friday! I'm back today sharing my second card for the Country View Crafts 'Stars' challenge.


I started by making my background and some tags with Distress Inks and Oxides

I then cut a stencil from acetate using various sizes of stars.

I always put masking tape around my home made stencils so that it gives me a bit more room to play with (and they are easier to find as acetate can be a bit tricky!)

I just gessoed through the stencils on my background and tags.

Then added some text with a stampotique stamp and some white embossing powder.

These are Trish Lattimer stamps that I've coloured and paper pieced.
And my favourite Paper Artsy 'happy birthday' stamp. You see this scrap was just the right size phew!.

Now it was just down to putting it all together.

Until I made another project that involved a Tim Holtz die for cutting out a starry background. I thought that the left over stars looked perfect here.

My paper pieced girls.

I hope that you like it, and that you also join in with our challenge. Remember there is a £20 voucher to be won to spend in the store.
I'm entering this into the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge which is Stars.
Have a very happy weekend, and thanks very much for looking x

10 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this project, wow, it's stunning. Just fab*u*lous! Well done! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great Sue ! Love it !
    Corrie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, Sue...but you're very naughty to show me things I 'need' at this time of year, lol. Love your gessoed stars, too...nice and easy over the fab colours.
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Sue! I recognised Trish Latimer's girls immediately! Love how you used the stencilled background to cut several layers to build up the design. And you reminded me of adding real sewing too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue, your card is so artsy and delightful! Yes, the little stars from Tim's Swirling Stars die make me happy too! I'm in awe of your paper piecing, so well done! Totally eye-candy! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love art that just kind of "evolves" as you go along, and this seems to be one of those! Love it, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The paper pieced dolls are just adorable and I am in love with the gorgeous backgrounds you created. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Sue :)

    Hope you had a happy Friday and a wonderful weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just perfect for me, loving the background and the little ladies too. Happy crafty week, Angela xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is brilliant, Sue! Gorgeous background and I love, how you put everything together.
    I hope, you had a wonderful christmas!
    Evelyn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.