Followers

Thursday 15 August 2019

Embrace Life

Good morning and happy Thursday. Today I'm sharing my second piece for the Country View Crafts 'texture' challenge. 


I started with some Distress Inks and Ink Dusters as I wanted some subtle stencilling.

 I used the Craftascope Flower Flurry stencil to create a border.

I wanted something a bit punchier for my outer layer, so used a black archival inkpad and the Retro Fun stencil.


 Then I prepared a piece of hessian as I wanted a bit of a rustic look and feel. I cut it as neatly as I could, stitched around, and then frayed the edges.

 With the backgrounds done it was time to make some flowers. I did some very basic finger painting with some Fresco paints and mixed media paper. I learned this in a Tracy Scott class and it's one of my favourite techniques.

 I also stamped and die cut some Craftascope leaves out of felt. Note to self - buy more felt!


 I also wanted to use some funky foam, so out came the Retro Leaves die set.
 So I now had lots of leaves...
 And lots of flowers.


 And when you put it all together we have a wall hanging for my craft room. It's A3 so it feels a spot.

 These colours and textures just make me happy!

The sentiment says it all.

I hope you like it, and that you join in with our challenge over at Country View Crafts.
Have a great week, and thanks very much for looking x




10 comments:

  1. This is a really fabulous piece, must have taken you ages, but so worth it. BIG wow! Really, really love everything about it. Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Sue, wow you rock with the colour.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue , wow so gorgeous , what a wonderful bouquet of beautiful flowers , and so fun to see what the busy papers, can create of different beautiful flowers, Sue. Hugs, xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely happy colours and a profusion of flowers, what's not to like! Great make, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful piece to have hanging in your craft room, the mix of flowers is gorgeous and it must feel very tactile with your felt and funky foam flowers. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m in awe of your finger painted flowers. I must give this technique a try. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a glorious rainbow bouquet, Sue... this is so uplifting - an absolute joy, and well worth all that fiddly floral die-cutting. Amazing!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how gorgeous is this! I´d want to see this "live" and touch it! Stunning project, dear Sue!
    Evelyn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sue, this is absolutely fabulous.
    I love the colours and yes, the sentiment says it all.

    Hope your week has been a good one, we've been out and about enjoying some summer sunshine.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just gorgeous! I love those special touches you added, like the felt foliage and stitching; a wonderful display!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.