Followers

Monday 22 July 2019

Open Your Eyes for Ink Art Designs

Good morning and happy Monday. It's my turn to share my second inspiration piece with you for Ink Art Designs, and this time I've gone with some Visible Image stamps.

 I started by stamping the main image from the See Everything plate onto the first page of my previously unopened Art by Marlene small watercolour journal. No pressure there then!
I coloured the image very carefully with my water colour paints, but as this left lots of scary white space, I stamped some of the smaller stamps from other Visible Image sets around the edges.  I liked this more now, but felt like the oringinal stamp had got lost so....
 Time to chop it up! 
I cut the eye out of the page, chopped a teeny tiny bit off each edge, and matted the page onto some black card. The page is now the same size as all the others, and has a nice black border. Then I die cut the circle with a smaller one to make a frame to put around the main eye image.
Of course everything looks better with a little stitching! I also added some Glossy Accents to the pupil, and rather than risking sticking my thumb into it whilst checking to see if it was dry or not, I closed the door and walked away for the night.
And in the morning it was all dry! It must be my only project with Glossy Accents that doesn't have a finger print in lol. I just added a bit of stitching around the edges and we are all done - 1st page in the book!
Please head on over to Dot's challenge, the rules are very simple, and there's rubber (or clear polymer) to be won.
I'm entering this into the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge 'not a card' 
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday, 'make your own background'
and the Craft Stamper TIMI July challenge 'anything goes'

Have a wonderful day, and thanks very much for looking x

14 comments:

  1. Hi Sue. I had a bit of a chuckle about finger prints left in glossy accents ... I've lost count of how many times that has happened to me too.
    I loooove how you worked this out, it looks absolutely stunning!
    Thank you so much.
    Dot x
    Ink Art Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous journal page, bright and beautiful, and love that eye. Have a wonderful week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! This is brilliant. That was genius mounting the eye onto the black card, really makes it stand out. Now I am not admitting to ever putting my finger in the glossy accents.... of course I would never do that Lol! I have far too much patience to do that Lol! Have a great crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue, by now I think you know how much I just love this and was interesting to read how you re-designed your page, looks awesome.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous page to start your journal off, live it!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, what a fabulous start in your journal Sue! I actually love the white space (unlike me!) because it shows up the design so beautifully. I can only imagine how much time it took you to colour all those parts but it was SO worth it and the stitching just adds a wonderful extra amount of texture. Love this! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great start to your journal Sue. I love how you've made a feature of the eye, the stitching looks fab. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a fantastic page Sue, full of colours, striking, I love it!!
    Happy Thursday and creating!
    Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful page with amazing vibrant colours. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks fabulous and I love the colours and stitching.

    Wishing you a lovely weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is amazing Sue, I started making stories when seeing this, because this eye, only see happy and bright colors out there in its world, meaning only goodness and joy !! A great new week to you !! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a really stunning page Sue, so very striking and love how you made the eye element pop out so well.
    Congratulations on being a CS prize winner too.
    Have a great week and hope it's cooler for you.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning design and beautiful colours. The framing of the eye is a fantastic touch. Brilliant "eye-catching" work!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.