Followers

Saturday 1 June 2019

It's A Bugs Life

Good morning,  happy Saturday, and welcome to June. Do you remember last year when it was the start of a very long, hot Summer, I'm hoping that we get a little more of that! The fun new challenge over at Country View Crafts has been chosen by the lovely Jane, and it's 'It's a Bugs Life' Only a couple of months ago I was in Africa in Disney enjoying this film, though it seems like years ago now. Here's what I've made.


 I started with a Clarity stencil and some Distress Inks and brushes.

Then I used my very favourite 'happy birthday' sentiment which is a JOFY one  for Paper Artsy.

 I made a bit of a mess of it at the top, but it hardly showed, till I tried to correct it then it was much more obvious doh!

The stamped butterfly is by Rubber Dance, and the flying critters are Tim Holtz's Geo Springtime , and Geo Insects. I cut these with some wax paper and the pieces fell out beautifully, but then I lost the will to live trying to paper piece them so I just cut them a few times in different papers.

The 'wild and free' is by Rubber Dance, and I've matted and layered another 'happy birthday' so all's well again.
 I hope you have a very happy June, and be kind to the bugs, we need the bugs - except flies, no one needs flies!
Take care, and thanks very much for looking x

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful piece, love those butterflies. I'm hoping we don't get heat this summer like last year, it was awful! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely background for your critters, wax paper or not! But been there done that... wax paper is just too thin to survive much handling! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous stencilled background for your lovely geo insects!!! Have a great June!!! Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful piece of art and I chuckled in agreement at losing the will to live! hahaha Those little buggers are lethal - death by a thousand die cuts lol, xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous work Sue - those insects look fab!!! And the background is wonderful!!! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the gentle air-brushed look of the pastel background, and those geometric insects look really cool. What a great card.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let's hope we do get another hot summer Sue. Your card is really beautiful, I love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card, very creative and lovely Sue.
    Great mix of insects stamps and die-cuts, they look fabulous together!
    Hope you're having a bit sun again today! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card Sue! It looks very delicate !
    Corrie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sue , I love this , the bugs are wonderful, and the butterfly really great, might have a look at that, lol- your lovely tones gives the most beautiful background !! Hugs, Dorthe xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so nice, a great card.
    Love the butterflies and flying critters.

    Happy June Days.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this Sue - great project

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving your design for this theme. Great way to use the dies too. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks awesome Sue, following you now.x[aussie aNNie blog] ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. I so love how you've layered all this together. Happy creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing card, dear Sue! I love the mix of the stamped and diecut butterflies.
    Big hugs Evelyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.