Followers

Friday 19 April 2019

A Green Bough

Good morning and a happy Good Friday.  Here's my second Spring themed piece for the Country View Crafts Spring/Easter challenge. As we were were on holiday for most of March I made this before we went away. There was snow on the ground and it was flippin' freezing so I wanted something with colour, and the hope that Spring would eventually get here!


I started by using my lovely Dina Wakley acrylics in my favourite bright colours. 

 Then lots of stencilling and stamping again with Dina's stamps and stencils.
 Now time for a bit of paint flicking, and matting onto some black card.

 It's ages since I used my Scribbly Birds, so out they came. Nothing quite says Spring like chirping birds - or in the case of West Yorkshire, snow! I've also used some older Spelbinders and Tim Holtz dies.


 I just like how they look on my bright background. I needed black and colourful die cuts as the brights didn't show up against the background on their own, and the black was just too dull.


 I love this quote!

And there we are, all done. This was such fun to make, I really enjoyed playing with colour, though the tidying up wasn't as much fun.
Have a very happy Easter, and thanks very much for looking x

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful work. Happy Easter, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see you had lots of fun and messy play! Great colours for Spring, which I believe is actually here this weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous colour explosion love it. Have a lovely Easter
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I am loving those gorgeous bright and cheery colours and the birds are just an extra bonus. I love that quote too. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning, Sue - so bright and cheerful! I love everything about it - beautifully put together. The die cuts were a stroke of genius! You're so right - nothing says Spring like chirping birds - apart from a flower or two, lol. Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colours here Sue.
    Hope you had a lovely Easter … can't believe May is just around the corner.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this page, Sue! The colorful background is yummy!
    Hugs!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! Fantastic colours and such depth in all those layers. I love your rainbow Scribbly Birds in their circular nests.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.