Followers

Wednesday 25 May 2016

Wot No Black!

Good morning and yep Wednesday has come around again. This week the challenge at Stampotique has been chosen by the lovely Sam and it's a real toughie, 'cos there's no black allowed. Here's what she has to say.

"The first thing I usually do after choosing which stamp I'm going to use is to reach for my black inkpad. So I'm challenging myself and you to make anything you fancy so long as there is no black ink or paint etc. Have fun!"

Seriously Sam, have fun without my black ink pad, how's that gonna happen! Here is what I made


My tags started life as a gelli plate print.


Much stamping and embossing later (in blue and brown) I love Kassa's Herbert Hare. There's also Mash Up and Happy Camper Text.

And for the final tag I've used Fishbone, Circled Circle, and Barcode Text 2.

Now it was just time to sew them to my base tag. I had black thread in my machine, so I took it out and changed it to pink, then sewed the tags down. Only then did my daughter tell me that I'd sewn them to a BLACK tag!!
 I wouldn't  have twigged to this day if she hadn't pointed it out! But,  by the magic of cropping I just have my 3 tags :-).

So put away all the black - yes even the tags, and join us in our challenge. It will be harder than you think, but fun.
Have a great week, and thanks very much for looking x

11 comments:

  1. Haha Sue, black tag after all that angst. Love the trio, they are fabulous. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tags and as always a fun read. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. love them - colour is beautiful sue - brilliant! Hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful and cleverly created, love these Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a colourful background, I love it!!! Fabulous tags, Sue!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi sweetie its little old me,love this to bits,the tags are awesome and so are the colours,brilliant. I am back with a new blog hun so would be grateful hun if you would re follow me hugs Cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love this new trio, scrumptious!!!
    and great way of keeping them together, love this too! :) Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh fabulous, you really rose to this challenge which I'm imagining wasn't that easy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great set of tags ! Lovely colours !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love them Sue!
    It was quite a challenge wasn't it, I struggled too lol.
    Hope you're having a fab weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.