Followers

Tuesday 1 September 2015

Quoth The Raven...

Can you believe it's September already, where is this year going to??? The challenge this month at Country View Crafts has been chosen by Nikki, and she wants us to use numbers.


We plan our challenges months in advance, and when I first saw this I thought 'yeah that's fine', but when it came to it I couldn't think of anything - nada. Then I succumbed to the cuteness that is Tim Holtz's Bird Crazy stamps and dies and an idea began to form.
I started with some Graphic 45 paper and stitched it to some heavy card. Then I cut out a stencil with the TH Gothic Boo die and applied texture paste through it.
I cut some branches with a Sheena die, then stamped and cut my Dracula bird and coloured him with Distress Markers.
Next I put a layer of thick acetate over the top and applied my sentiment which I'd printed onto Safmat. The camera has been a little unforgiving here, it doesn't show up as badly in real life. The tissue tape underneath is TH's Regions Beyond.
To finish off I've die cut an old 'off the edge die, and curled around so that this now stands up by itself.
I hope that you join in with our numbers challenge, and thanks very much for looking x

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful piece - yes, time just disappears! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific ideas on this and the bird looks happy sitting there

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous piece Sue - love the Halloween focus and Dracula bird. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious, Sue! Love how you've created the nest of branches around him, though he doesn't look particularly happy about being caught there… could get staked by mistake I suppose!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fun theme Sue love it. Hugs Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a clever idea Sue, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm back and so happy to do a bit of catch-up on your blog.. :D
    Fabulous make with the crazy bird on this Sue, (even when you think that you have no ideas, "nada" as you said - we can say the same in French haha - you HAVE some in a little corner of your head.. such a luck for us LOL) I think I'm going to pin this on my board of crazy birds!!.. :)
    Hugs, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that is so wonderful, bet Mr. Poe never thought to ask the raven that question! Love it Sue, thanks for sharing it! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.