Followers

Wednesday 1 October 2014

Life Isn't Just A Bag Of Bits

Here is my 1st piece for this months Sparkle and Shine challenge at  Country View Crafts. Recently I was lucky enough to spend a 'training day' with the fabulous PaperArtsy girls Leandra, Lin, and Jo(FY)  It was THE BEST day and these are the nicest ladies you could ever wish to meet. The idea was that you had an hour to make a project, then move on to the next table and make something else....
Anyone who has ever been on a class with me will know that I always come away with a half finished project, and a bag of bits to finish at home. I always have the best of intentions, but months later I still have the bag of bits. Well not this time, oh no, this time I've finished it off!
This is a piece of 8x8 greyboard, which I've not used before, but it is fab! Really strong, and holds it's shape whatever you throw at it. The lovely Lin had already stenciled in the poppies for us with grunge paste but the rest is mine (ok Lin did help me blend my paints too lol) That's what's so great about these days you learn the real stuff like how to blend your paints, which brush to use, how much water etc.
So where is the sparkle and shine?
It's here in Darcy's fab new flower from EDY09 It's been painted in Pumpkin Soup, and Plum from the new Autumn Limited Edition paints. The sparkle has been added with a blob of Glossy Accents and Treasure Silver.
Other paints used are
Snowflake
Guacomole
Sky
Hey Pesto 
We have more dots over another of Lin's stencils ELB PS001, and I've stamped the flower from ELB01 in paint, and also with Copper Kettle Gilding Flakes.
The sentiment is from HP1204 and is one of my favourites. There's also some Treasure Silver over the grunge paste grass.

Hope you like my Sparkle and Shine hanging, and that you join in with our challenge too. There's a £20.00 certificate to spend in the shop for the lucky winner, and a chance to play along with the design team in a future challenge.
Thanks very much for looking x

16 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous,love the images and fab details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Sue. I love greyboard,it really does stand up to anything you throw at it,must start using it again!

    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh great to be able to spend a day with the lovely ladies, lucky you

    Great make and well done for finishing it

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work again! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely project, Sue and I am pleased you finished it !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad I'm not the only one clinging on to summer! Love your greybeard garden - fabulous details and colours throughout.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning work Sue and what a wonderful day you had

    Hilda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning panel Sue! Very beautiful shimmer you have used. Lovely!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful! I great salute to summer! Helene

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you finished your grey board ArT sue, looks amazing and i do like a bit of sparkle and shine!

    I adore Darcy's circle flower, it is one of my favourites that she has designed so far.

    Glad you enjoyed your day with the lovely ladies and that you shared your project with us :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. a great piece x sorry for the lack of comments but life has other plans for me at the moment and is keeping me busy! so sorry x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some day there will be gilding flakes in my studio, but, until then, I will have to enjoy your artwork, Sue! And, yeah, I so know what you mean about not finishing a project during a class--or ever, for that matter. I am a slow creator, for sure! Great piece here, thought, and DONE! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hahaha you make me giggle, I think we have many similarities! Like you, I'm always the only one to not be able to finish a project during a class, I'm as slow as a snail!!^^ But love ending a few projects quietly at home.. :)
    Yours is amazing, I'm jealous!! ^^ Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Keep hanging onto summer for all of us pls ;) I love the stamps you have used. Your art just oozes warmth, Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this. Love the flowers and colours you've used.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.