Followers

Friday 25 July 2014

....And A Snowman Under A Christmas Tree

The fabulous Gez has chosen the theme this week over at Stampotique Towers, and she's gone for er Christmas :-) As far as I'm concerned Gez you can pick this every week 'cos Christmas in July has really brought in the Summer! I must admit 99% of my Christmas stash is tucked away safely in the loft, but here's my take on the 12 Days of Christmas.

I've been admiring everyone's Artist Trading Blocks for months now, so I decided to make one of my own. So after three everyone, you know the tune...
On the 5th day of Christmas my Stampotique love gave to me
5 golden snowflakes
made with Giant Snowflake on shrink plastic, coloured with gold PanPastel.
4 calling birds made with the oh so cute Quails Cube 
3 French hens, made with 
both made with shrink plastic and coloured with Prisma pencils.
My 2 turtle doves are on the head of 
Grumpy Koala and the shrink 
and finally 
my snowman under a Christmas tree is my favourites

This was great fun to make, and I actually managed to measure and cut in a straight line!
So come on, get out of the sun and pretend it's Christmas (but without the stress)
I'm also entering this into the Christmas in July challenge at That's Crafty
I hope you like my box, and thanks very much for looking x

13 comments:

  1. LOVE it Sue!!! So pleased to see you getting into ATB's and what a fabulous way to start. Such clever ways to depict each line of the carol. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I love every detail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your box is gorgeous, but I still don't want to think about mas yet! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAZING!!!!! Love everything about it Sue :)
    Enjoy your weekend, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic ideas for the box and the thought of Christmas has cooled me down a bit thank goodness as it is so hot already today

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow,this is fantastic Sue,so much detail,absolutely fab creation. I love that Koala bear stamp very much....too much.....off to find who stocks it and will buy it! The perils of looking at wonderful blogs :)

    Have a great weekend

    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pure genius, Sue! Love the idea, love the design, love your choices in stamps for each side! It's just amazing art and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great box Sue, lovely decoration xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful, so much to see ! Well done, Sue !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Adore this!!!!You did a great work with the shrink plastic Sue, that's the most cute and beautiful ATB I've seen from the beginning of these boxes!!! Hugs Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Am so glad you are joining the ATB ranks, total awe inspiring genius idea, i now want to make 12 small boxes, put bells inside them & thread them to hang up at xmas.

    Thank you for your inspiring project, agree with Coco it is one of the best ATB's i have seen so far this year:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous christmas box, love it!
    Groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.