Followers

Wednesday 2 October 2013

An ATC For SDC

 No I'm not going to speak in initials all day, it's just that the wonderful Sam has chosen ATC's as her theme this week over at Stampotique Designers Challenge.
Here's mine, it took me about 15 minutes to make from start to finish.
And here's just a fraction of my practice pieces that took a couple of hours and all ended up in the bin :-)
Isn't it great when a plan comes together NOT!
It's just a Distress Inky background, with Pisa and Find Your Balance Text stamped and embossed. Design Cube has been stamped in white acrylic, with a washi tape hand to finish. I knew what a wanted in my head but I just couldn't get it to come together, but I do like this, in fact the new release stamps are all my favourites (along with every one of my existing stamps :-)  )
I won't be around for a couple of weeks as DH and I are going on holiday - together - just the 2 of us.  Anyway no laptops are allowed, (spoilsport) just sun, sea and no work for 2 whole weeks!
So for all of you who arn't going on holiday ( I know, no more rubbing it in) make an ATC and join in our challenge. Link it up nicely and remember no digis. There are 2 $30 gift certificates up for grabs each month, and in the words of the old lottery ad 
It Could Be YOU!!
Thanks very much for looking and I'll catch up with you all when you get back xx

13 comments:

  1. Lovely ATC, it's sometimes like that. Good that we have bins! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beauty of a ATC!
    groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab ATC Sue!!! my bin gets filled on a regular basis!!! Big hugs from Poppy and me xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful ATC, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love humor in art, Sue, and you have given it to me this morning--both in your art and in your post! I was blown away by your 15-minute art project--well, until I read on! I laughed out loud! Great ATC!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have days like that on a regular basis!! It all came out lovely in the end!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. i smiled when i read your post. i have been there myself a few times! great atc!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The finished ATC is terrific, made me smile. You need to get those other pieces out of bin, paint over them with gesso/snowflake fresco & do something else with them. Waste not, want not. :-))

    ReplyDelete
  9. 15 minutes lol, for a soooo beautiful result ??!! double-WOW my dear Sue !!! Love this, all the news stamps you used, your cheerful creative mojo and your homour too haha! Have a great break and holidays :) Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you stamped the hand on the tape, great ATC!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't it a pain when what is in your head won't work for real! Love the final ATC. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.