Followers

Wednesday 7 December 2011

Christmas Fishes

So much for my week off work to play at making Tim's tags, real life strikes again lol. Finally found a bit of time to play yesterday, and it's non-traditional Christmas time over at Stampotique , so red and green must never be seen! It's amazing isn't it that as soon as you are banned from colours those are the only ones that you want to use :o).
So for my alternative Christmas, I've inked some card and stamped and embossed the French  Text stamp in a holographicy type EP. Then I've stamped the ribbon stamp around the edge ( I had to break out the stamp positioner for this, and I always amaze myself when it works). This has been joined with the long splatter - love this stamp it goes with everything!. The tree has been stamped on the card then stamped again and cut out so I could attach my fishes with jump rings. The Christmas Fishes has been made on my labeling machine and inked over with blue Stazon. Of course a Christmas tree decorated with fish bones could only mean one thing - this is the House Of Kitty....
I've made a little dangly thing for the corner using Jo's star that was in Craft Stamper, and some beads and jump rings. It's all been stuck then sewn down (by hand, it's too cold now to stay in the conservatory any longer than I need to ) onto a brown (see still no red or green) card blank.
I think it's 'alternative' enough 'cos my husband gave it the uhhhhh..... look and that little shake of his head that means 'what has she done'.....:o)
My daughter gets it, she just says ah Stampotique!
Having to wait in now for a new printer, the hamster running mine has finally given up the ghost. Thanks very much for looking and don't forget to eat todays choccy from the advent calender before anyone else gets it!

14 comments:

  1. oh just love this hun its,brilliant just love the layout,love hugs cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant & funny Sue! I love your play on words! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great, best fishes to you, too! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a big fan of Stampowhats but living with 3 IMPs how could I not love this XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever alternative Christmas card, love the fishes. Great idea. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love little dangly things, and I especially love your little dangly thing!

    Stunningly good Sue, what a brilliant idea, clever you!
    I couldn't think of anything to do at all.
    Gini
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Sue what a fabulous creation, I love it. It's much better than T!m's tags anyway, I am so disappointed with what he has done so far this year!!! This is far better and much more creative!!!

    Sam xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow such a fabulous design Sue, x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is so funny, Sue. Love the cat up in the tree. Thanks for joining us at SDC # 43.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card, there is so much attention to detail. What do men know anyway?!
    Thanks for joining in with us again Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it Sue, it's brilliant! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this tree of fishes, very clever and creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! How clever! Gorgeous creation Sue. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! I absolutely love this! Such a fun and unusual design. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.