Followers

Monday 1 November 2010

Dia de los Muertos - Day of the Dead

Here is my first attempt at an art journal page. It's on the Dia de los Muertos theme which I love - all those bright colours :o) This is a Mexican holiday which is on the 2nd of November, and celebrates the lives of those no longer with us. I've never seen so much white space as the first page of my book. The background was painted in various Dylusion paints from the lovely Dyan at Art from the Heart. She was kind enough to demo these for me at Doncaster Dome, so it would have been rude if I had not bought some lol. She taught me how to apply them with great care and precision (slodge with a wet wipe) and they are lovely, you can layer up the colour and they dry to a matt finish.
The stamps are from Third Coast and they are fab. They're unmounted and have so much detail. I love the dog and the donkey lol. I can really recommend a virtual visit.
The skull is a digi image from The Octopode Factory. Lily has some lovely quirky images - even die hard rubber stampers like me couldn't resist.
Thanks very much for looking x

4 comments:

  1. oooh! How fabulous! I love the images and the background is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having read your post I was having visions of Dy's demo, just throwning the paint on and scrubbing it with a baby wipe, getting in there with her fingers and smearing it all over the page - lol

    Love what you've done with them though and the background looks fab xxxx

    PS I got some too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *clap! clap! clap!*

    This is SUPERB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fantastic colourful work, it looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.