Followers

Saturday 20 June 2009

Curiouser and Curiouser

Here is my entry to this weeks (this is where I get my piece of paper out so that I do my link correctly) Saturday Workout challenge, which this week is Embossing Resist. I really like this technique, but my Versamark pad is sooooo filthy I really must get another one.
There is a great tutorial posted on the SaWo site, I am going to try the one with Brasso - Yes that's right, the cleaning stuff and Yes I will have to buy some first :o)
I've coloured my mountboard with lime green dye ink, then given it a quick blast to dry it off completely. Then I've stamped my Cherry Pie Alice in Wonderland stamps. (That damned Chubby Brown song keeps going through my head - you know the one
'Who the .... is Alice. Thankfully I can remember Smoky's original so I'm telling myself to think of that instead - 24 years eh....)
Ah yeah, stamped the Alice stamps with dirty Versamark, then embossed in clear embossing powder. I've brayered a Big and Juicy pad over the top, and gone round the edge in a deep blue.
Thanks for looking, and have a fab Sunday. xx

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful and funny card, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work, love the zingy colours ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue, your emboss resist turned out beautifully! Alice is always fun and the added images are excellent. Thank you for commenting on my resist piece. I am following your blog, and extend an invitation for you to follow mine as well...I see we join in a lot of the same challenges. Hugs, Gayle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is wonderful.
    I love the Alice theme. Gorgeous.

    Thanks Sue for playing SaWo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oohh i like the look this sue........................i dont have brasso or clear floor polish either ...............lol lol lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue, what gorgeous colors for your Alice in Wonderland theme. I discovered this morning I could rub a little petroleum jelly on the stamp and use that instead of Versamark. I even made some cards doing that and embossing with a holographic embossing powder. I wonder if Vasoline will hurt my rubber stamps. I would think not. Sometimes I use glycerine. It works too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgoeus. Fantastic background and love the green.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've done a great job! I know what you mean about versamark. I've just bought a new one just for using for resist.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this looks great i'm glad I'm not the only one with a dirty Versamark pad.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is amazing - love your colours
    and I have a tea shirt with Chubby Brown's words on (well, most of it and a few stars heehee)
    I have just enjoyed more than a few minutes looking through your blog - some fantastic eye candy there - love it all !!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.