Followers

Sunday, 24 May 2009

I've Cracked It Too

Here is my entry to this weeks Lot's To Do challenge which is 'cracking'.
I've used the acrylic paint and PVA technique and it's worked out very nicely on my sticky canvas. I tried it last week on mountboard and it ended up in the bin.
I've used Ranger acrylic in pesto as the base coat, a layer of Bostic PVA, then a layer of white acrylic on top.
We've got a lovely sunny day today so this dried while I was cleaning the kitchen. (DH did a lovely full English but this means that the kitchen then needs re-decorating lol)
I've stamped TH's tree's and reindeer in distress inks over the top, and swiped Pine Needles around the sides.
Does this mean it is time to start on the Christmas Cards :o)
Thanks very much for looking x

8 comments:

  1. WOW Sue this effect is fantastic

    Thanks for joining in with this weeks Lotstodo Challenge - Sam xxx

    BTW your link needs changing xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, great effect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I'm glad I wasn't the only one with problems with this technique.
    yours worked well , it really has a christmassy feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sue just checking out your blog I have also done this didn't realise it had been done before, doesn't it make a fantastic background :)
    Von

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments x